Avada is a very famous WordPress and it’s the No. 1 Selling Theme of All Times, according to it’s authors!
So, why then did I title my article”5 Reasons you Should Not Buy the Avada Theme“?
Do I know Avada that well?
To be able to judge a theme you need to have used it a lot and I have been lucky to have used Avada since the old days and have created multiple sites with Avada during my work as a Freelancer and this is one of them.
I also installed it on a lot of clients’ sites multiple times, working as an Envato Service Provider where I completed close to 200 WordPress Installations to date.
So, I can say that I know Avada pretty well.
Why Do I think that not everyone should Buy Avada?
- Avada has all the Features you can imagine in any theme and this on its own is a double–edged sword, so yes you can do virtually anything with Avada but it’s way too complicated to be used by everybody!
- It requires a lot and I mean a LOT of server resources and I have come across many hosts where the resources weren’t enough to handle the demands of theme and meet its minimum requirements.
- The theme authors are very fond of upgrading it, which is a great thing, but what they often do is that they do that in a revolutionary way which makes upgrading not always safe for every website especially if you forget about it for a while and then try to jump a couple of versions ahead.
And I have personally run into many problems simply doing the regular Theme Update even when I’m using a Child Theme!
- Avada has an awesome Theme Options Panel which is very powerful and allows you to control everything and this is just great, but it’s not suitable for everybody and needs a lot of time to figure it out, especially after one of the major upgrades, which I’ve seen so many of!
- If you try to visit the authors’ website to see how many themes they’ve created, you will be surprised to know that they have created just one theme, Avada!
And to me, this is trying to make it the perfect solution for everyone and I don’t think this is possible no matter how awesome it gets.
Still, I have to say that it has a bunch of advantages that might be suitable for you and here are some of them.
Advantages of Avada:
- It comes with a lot of fantastic demos that you can install with one-click( and I mean 1-click as they have an advanced and robust demo installer). Please, refer to my article” Are All demo content for themes Alike?” for more about this point.
- It has an Awesome Support team and I have contacted them multiple times and they have always been responsive, knowledgeable and courteous.
- It comes pre-packaged with every single feature and option you can think of in a modern theme.
- It’s compatible with most of the famous and commonly used plugins, like WooCommerce, bbPress, Contact for 7, Gravity Forms, The Events Calendar and more.
- Once you get the hang of it, you can create virtually any website you can think of.
So, I hope this article was helpful to you and provided my own humble experience and personal opinion for the famous Avada Theme that may help you decide if it’s right for you or not before you actually purchase it.
What’s your Experience with Avada?
- Have you used Avada yourself?
- How was your experience with it?
Kindly share with us how you found it and what you think of it in the comments below.