Have you ever been faced with the situation where you wanted to change a property of a large number of your posts in bulk, like for example to allow comments, publish or un-publish them and didn’t know how to do that in a single step ? ( without the need to open your database and change the values over there manually.)
I was in this situation today, and found a quick and easy way to do that and here is how:( check attached image below)
- Go to your posts page and put a check mark next to the posts you want to affect.
- Click on the drop-down that says” Bulk Actions” and choose Edit and click Apply.
- This opens up a screen which allows you to choose from the options to do:
- Assign posts to categories
- Assign tags to posts
- Allow or dis-allow comments
- Allow or dis-allow pings
- Publish or Un-publish them
- Makes posts sticky or not
- Press Update and you’re Done!