My first impressions on a Mac
After two years of working with Photoshop CS3, I decided it was time to move forward and take a course on the newly released Photoshop CS5, so I looked for a good training center and I started two days ago.
The thing that made me happy was that they taught on Mac computers, which was my first interaction with a Mac.
I’ve always loved the funny commercials Mac vs. PC, and they always made me wonder, is it really better?
What did I like about the Mac?
- It looks fantastic and really draws your eyes and make you Wow!
- The screen’s large size 27 inch, great clarity, and having all in one case with no clutter, just a screen, mouse and keyboard is a wonderful thing as well.
- The way it’s designed makes you feel happy while using it, not really sure why but I think Apple always tried to create devices that make you love to use!
- The quality of the hardware materials is really superb
- The graphic interface is so pleasing and colorful a lot more than Windows.
Was it hard to use the Mac being a PC user?
Absolutely not, I just needed a very few instructions and that was it, very simple to get used to.
My only concern here is that a lot of programs that we’ve always been used to having on a PC will not be available for the Mac and that might make it a bit hard to get used to all new programs not just the operating system.
Will I buy a Mac?
I certainly hope so, but it’s so expensive and it’s even more expensive here in Egypt, or let me say overpriced!
It will be a very big investment that I will need time to prepare for.
I’ve had the impression that Mac computers never freeze or suffer from the regular PC problems that make you restart the system a lot of times, but after using a Mac it seemed to have it’s share of the same problem, although I can’t decide if that happens that frequent or not.
So, what’s your opinion about the Mac vs. PC battle and who wins in your opinion?
Share your thoughts below.