Godaddy Domain Names Rock!
Before I start discussing my reasons, I have to say that I like Godaddy domain name service and I’ve been using it for over 6 years and they’re just great as a domain name provider.
But when it comes to hosting, that’s a completely different story…
My Top 5 Reasons why Not to Use Godaddy Hosting
- It doesn’t play well with WordPress most of the time.
I can’t remember how many times I installed a website on Godaddy hosting and was able to do that without any problems, they often have issues with WordPress, for some reason they just don’t work well with it.
- They don’t let you use a number of plugins calling them Blacklisted plugins and this is really very strange for me as it includes a number of my favorite plugins and you can see the full list here,
Blacklisted Plugins on Godaddy
- They force their own caching on you once you install WordPress and I find this very annoying when I developing a website in the early stages as having caching on by default at that stage is unnecessary and makes my work a lot harder.
- Most of their Economy plans are very restricted in the server resources and last night I spent a whole day trying to simply clone a website to create a development site to try something out, I tried to use most of the top rated backup and clone plugins but none of them worked. I tried Updraft Plus, BackupBuddy, WP Clone, All in One Migrations and Duplicator, and none of them was able to complete the process due to limited server resources.
- They don’t sign you out of their Control panel when you’re idle for a while; I’m still logged into my account for two days which is a great security issue IMHO!
How about you?
What’s your experience with Godaddy Hosting?
Share your experience with us and let us know how you found them.
2 thoughts on “5 Reasons Not to Use Godaddy Hosting”
GoDaddy owns ManageWP. As a GoDaddy customer you can use it to clone sites in a matter of clicks – for free.
Thank you for pointing out this solution, I didn’t actually know about it.
However, for me, I don’t really like hosts telling me what to use and what not to use, that’s the main issue for me.